[comp.sys.mac.system] Damaged Suitcases in System 7.0 and some more...

cxb@lanl.gov (Clay P Booker) (05/22/91)

Like tmaddox@milton.u.washington.edu, I get the message:
     The suitcase System could not be opened, because it is damaged.
whenever I double-click the System 7 system.  At least I was under the
impression that this was how we are to move fonts in and out of the system
under 7 so that it *should* open.

Like everyone else my MPW version 3.1 refuses to run under system 7, but
Sade version 1.1 starts up only to bring down the whole system.  I hope that
Apple will be updating these soon as they form the basis of my programming
environment.

As to others:
1. VersaTerm Pro version 3.1.1 seems to run ok under System 7.  I have the
   InterCon TelNet driver installed in it to run over EtherNet.  The
   Compat. Checker listed this as an unknown.
2. My RasterOps Monitors Extension version 1.52 was listed as "must upgrade"
   but appears to be running OK so far...
   I have it in the Control Panel folder, but access it only thru the
   options button of the Monitors Control Panel device.
3. Igor version 1.2 appears to run ok.

--

Clay Booker (cxb@lanl.gov)
Los Alamos National Laboratory (505) 665-3065

scasterg@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Stuart M Castergine) (05/23/91)

In article <24202@lanl.gov> cxb@lanl.gov (Clay P Booker) writes:
>Like tmaddox@milton.u.washington.edu, I get the message:
>     The suitcase System could not be opened, because it is damaged.

Happened to me too. It was because the font file were packed using
Font Valet -- one of the utilities that comes with Suitcase. Sys 7
thinks packed font suitcases are damaged. Just Unpack them and
everything should be fine.

--
scasterg@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu	Stuart M Castergine
        "The key to speaking Elvish is to know a lot of Elvish words."