[comp.sys.mac.system] My Ci has dirty rom??

ir648@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (Chet Koblinsky) (05/23/91)

I tried to check box of 32 bit address in the memory
cdev using my Mac Ci and I could not boot the sys 7.
After I use 24 bit address, there is no problem.
Does my Ci have dirty 24 bit rom? Is it possible?
What am I doing wrong?

Another question. How can I get color icon on the desktop?
I created icl8 resource using resedit but icon is still black
and white.

scasterg@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Stuart M Castergine) (05/23/91)

In article <19653@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> ir648@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (Chet Koblinsky) writes:
>I tried to check box of 32 bit address in the memory
>cdev using my Mac Ci and I could not boot the sys 7.
>After I use 24 bit address, there is no problem.
>Does my Ci have dirty 24 bit rom? Is it possible?
>What am I doing wrong?

Could be you have an INIT (excuse me, Extension) or Control Panel that
is not 32-bit clean and is hanging your Mac before you boot.

If you can't boot, then how are you able to switch back to 24-bit
mode? A floppy? Or holding down the shift key?
If it's the shift key, then I'd bet money an extension or control
panel is the problem.

Some will work under system 7 in 24-bit mode but not in 32-bit. Two
I've found so far are the Little Mouse ADB Extension and Foldershare.

--
scasterg@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu	Stuart M Castergine
        "The key to speaking Elvish is to know a lot of Elvish words."