[comp.sys.mac.system] Can 6.0.7 and 7.0 Hard Disks Coexist?

rprohask@orion.oac.uci.edu (Robert Prohaska) (05/23/91)

Can I reasonably expect a bootable 6.0.7 hard disk to share
the scsi bus with a bootable 7.0 disk?  I'd like to try
system 7 but I don't feel prepared to commit to it just
yet.  It seems easiest to add a quantum 105 and install
system 7 on it.

Then, if something dosen't like system 7, I can just
Set Startup and reboot.

What are the flies in this ointment?

bob prohaska

gwowen@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (George Owen) (05/23/91)

In article <uci.edu> rprohask@orion.oac.uci.edu (Robert Prohaska) writes:
>Can I reasonably expect a bootable 6.0.7 hard disk to share
>the scsi bus with a bootable 7.0 disk?  I'd like to try
>system 7 but I don't feel prepared to commit to it just
>yet. Then, if something dosen't like system 7, I can just
>Set Startup and reboot.

    ... I'm doing that right now ... seems to work fine. I've been jumping
    back and forth between sys 6 & 7 all day with no ill effects.

   ... one thing to note, System 7 creates a bunch 'o' files on your
   System 6 disk - scared the piss outa me when I first started under
   7.0 ( lots of disk activity ) !!  Didn't seem to hurt anything though.

           -  G  -

*                 George Owen (gwowen@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca)               *
* University of Toronto  -  Computing Services  -  Toronto , Canada       *