[comp.sys.mac.system] Superclock 3.9 not updated in 7.0

jyp@wucs1.wustl.edu (Jerome Yvon Plun) (05/23/91)

Every now and then, Superclock stops updating the time in the menu bar.  If I
click on it, I get the date, then the countdown, and finally the clock back
which is ticking again.  I haven't found the culprit yet.

Has anyone encountered this little thing before?

Jerome

Jerome Plun            []  Is it a crime to want something else?
jyp@wucs1.wustl.edu    []  Is it a crime to believe in something different?
Washington University  []
St Louis, MO           []  "Smalltown England", New Model Army, Vengeance

gaines@mars.njit.edu (Starman) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May23.013535.5036@cec1.wustl.edu> jyp@wucs1.wustl.edu (Jerome Yvon Plun) writes:
>Every now and then, Superclock stops updating the time in the menu bar.  If I
>click on it, I get the date, then the countdown, and finally the clock back
>which is ticking again.  I haven't found the culprit yet.
>Has anyone encountered this little thing before?
>
>Jerome
This little "thing" is not a bug. Superclock stops whenever the CPU
is so busy that it can't let Superclock update itself every second. As
for clicking the time and getting the date, etc., that's normal

"We seek peaceful coexistance!"		      |		 Mike
"Yeah, and monkeys will fly outa my butt!"    |	  gaines@mars.njit.edu
		Wayne's World: The Next Generation...NOT!

pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May23.013535.5036@cec1.wustl.edu> jyp@wucs1.wustl.edu (Jerome Yvon Plun) writes:
>Every now and then, Superclock stops updating the time in the menu bar.  If I
>click on it, I get the date, then the countdown, and finally the clock back
>which is ticking again.  I haven't found the culprit yet.
>
>Jerome Plun            []  Is it a crime to want something else?

I have been running SuperClock 3.9 under 7.0 with a number of other
INITs and have no problems.  Perhaps a list of your other Extensions
would help?

My Setup: Mac SE/30, 8 meg, 2 x 105 HD, RasterOps 264/30, Seiko 14"
	  System 7.0, SuperClock 3.9, PopWMenu, Suitcase 1.2.10,
	  WindowShade, NanoDisk II 2.1, Moire 3.02.

--
| Paul E. Jacoby, 3M Company, 3M Center, 235-3F-27                   |