[comp.sys.mac.system] Extension Manager at Sumex

tigger@freezer.it.udel.edu (david faust) (05/23/91)

The extension manager file that has been posted to sumex-aim is des encrypted.
Any clues on how to get around this? Stuffit Classic won't even deal with the
encryption, it just complains that it won't do des or some other kind of
encryption. I was all excited to get this thing and now this. If this is some
kind of cruel, senseless practical joke............:)
Dave

(outta here in a week!!!!!)
* David Faust | tigger@freezer.acs.udel.edu  | Some professors can only be     *
*             | tigger@chopin.udel.edu       | classified as weenies!!!!       *

irwin@sealy.uchicago.edu (Mark Irwin) (05/23/91)

In article <54410@nigel.ee.udel.edu> tigger@freezer.it.udel.edu (david faust) writes:
>The extension manager file that has been posted to sumex-aim is des encrypted.
>Any clues on how to get around this? Stuffit Classic won't even deal with the
>encryption, it just complains that it won't do des or some other kind of
>encryption. I was all excited to get this thing and now this. If this is some
>kind of cruel, senseless practical joke............:)
>* David Faust | tigger@freezer.acs.udel.edu  | Some professors can only be     *
>*             | tigger@chopin.udel.edu       | classified as weenies!!!!       *

When trying to extract the file with Stuffit Deluxe I found that all I
had to do was hit the return key when asked for the password.

Mark

Mark Irwin     Dept of Statistics, Univ of Chicago
irwin@galton.uchicago.edu
irw1@midway.uchicago.edu
mark@stat.ubc.ca

mzajac@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Michael Stephen Zajac) (05/23/91)

Well, I trashed the copy of Extensions Manager that my Compact Pro wouldn't
decrypt; now I've gone to info-mac to get it again and am told
'permission denied.'  What gives?

			-Michael Zajac
			 mzajac@ccu.umanitoba.ca

km2a+@andrew.cmu.edu (Kenneth E. Mohnkern) (05/23/91)

I haven't been able to get Extensions Manager. I get the message
"Permission Denied." Anybody else have this happen? Anybody know how to
get around it?

Yes, I was able to access other files.

ken mohnkern # the graphics deli # the robotics institute # pittsburgh pa