[comp.sys.mac.system] what is EvE INIT 1.4?

toc@ogicse.cse.ogi.edu (Tim O'Connor) (05/25/91)

people:
	I've got an INIT named EvE INIT 1.4 on my mac and I just can't
	remember what it's there for.  When we first upgraded to 7.0 one
	of the people here merrly put NetBunny on several machines but
	he can't remember if EvE came from there.  Anyone out there know
	what it does?

					where angels fear to tread,
								to'c

zurcher@isuee1.ee.iastate.edu (Rodd Zurcher) (05/25/91)

toc@ogicse.cse.ogi.edu (Tim O'Connor) writes:

>people:
>	I've got an INIT named EvE INIT 1.4 on my mac and I just can't
>	remember what it's there for.  When we first upgraded to 7.0 one
>	of the people here merrly put NetBunny on several machines but
>	he can't remember if EvE came from there.  Anyone out there know
>	what it does?

  The EvE INIT look on the ADB for a Rainbow Technologies hardware key.  Some
software uses it for copy protection.  Our lab currently needs it for MacABEL.

Rodd Zurcher
DSDL Lab Administrator
Iowa State University

sjhg9320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Emilio Lizardo ) (05/25/91)

zurcher@isuee1.ee.iastate.edu (Rodd Zurcher) writes:

>  The EvE INIT look on the ADB for a Rainbow Technologies hardware key.  Some
>software uses it for copy protection.  Our lab currently needs it for MacABEL.

It's also used in MacVector. Great for introducing reproducible bombs
with nearly any piece of Mac OS Software too...
--
Nevermind what the EPA says, It's Good For you! Drink it! Drink it! Drink It!