[comp.sys.mac.system] Sys 7.0 & CAP Problems

youngb@topaz.ucq.edu.au (05/24/91)

There seems to be some kind of incompatibility between system 7.0 and CAP.

If I try to delete anything from our server running CAP my mac hangs.
Also if I create an alias of an application on that server and then clos
connection with the server double clicking on the alias will open the se
volume however it will not execute the application.

Can anybody offer any solutions.

Bruce Young
Macintosh Programmer
University College of Central Queensland.

nerm@Apple.COM (Dean Yu) (05/25/91)

In article <1991May24.162743.7350@topaz.ucq.edu.au> youngb@topaz.ucq.edu.au writes:
>There seems to be some kind of incompatibility between system 7.0 and CAP.
>
>If I try to delete anything from our server running CAP my mac hangs.
>Also if I create an alias of an application on that server and then clos
>connection with the server double clicking on the alias will open the se
>volume however it will not execute the application.
>
>Can anybody offer any solutions.

  The Alias Manager uses some AFP calls which CAP doesn't understand, which
causes CAP to return an error when the Alias Manager doesn't expect one.  We
made an attempt to fix this during the last days of the project, but it seems
we didn't get it right.  Rumour has it that there is a set of CAP patches
which will fix these problems.

  -- Dean Yu
     Blue Meanie, Negative Ethnic Role Model, etc.
     Apple Computer, Inc.
     blah blah blah...