[comp.sys.mac.system] Appdisk + Appsizer? Where Appsizer?

kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (05/26/91)

In article <0B01FFFB.gkj3bx@outpost.UUCP>, peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) writes:

> In article <1991May26.000450.47076@vaxb.acs.unt.edu>, kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
>> If anyone is needing a temporary ram disk, (system 7 only, sorry), let me
>> direct you to a program called appdisk.  It does an absolutely terrific job at
>> giving me a temporary 1MB ramdisk, and then going away when I don't want it
>> anymore..(yay!)..also freeing the memory.  This is a fabulous ramdisk if you
>> need one..!
>
> I agree AppDisk is very slick.  Well done!

I've sent the AppDisk.sit.hqx file to comp.mac.bin, and to sumex-aim.  Should
show up within the next few days.

(Apologies to Mark Adams.  I hope lots of people send their shareware
payments...)

> I keep AppDisk in my Apple Menu folder for easy access.  When I
> invoke it, I just hold down the control key to invoke AppSizer first
> so I can allocate as much memory to AppDisk as I want this time around
> (I change the size based on what I'm going to do with it this time).
> -- michael, creator of AppSizer

Michael,
  This AppSizer you wrote sounds like a handy little utility...are you
releasing it commercially or shareware or freeware or what?  The net needs to
know!

\  Ken Corey, VAX/Unix Programmer/Operator  (And GOD am I confused...;)  /
 \          kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu  ken@isect.lonestar.org               /

gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu (Garance A. Drosehn) (05/27/91)

In article <0B01FFFB.glpbjw@outpost.UUCP>
              kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
> > Michael,
> >   This AppSizer you wrote sounds like a handy little utility...are you
> > releasing it commercially or shareware or freeware or what?  The net
> > needs to know!
>
> I posted AppSizer to the net last January when I released version
> 2.0.  It showed up on comp.sys.mac.binaries at one point and I *think*
> it made it into the SUMEX archive.  If anyone wants it, I'd be happy
> to send it to them.  It's shareware.
>
> -- michael

It's at sumex.stanford.edu in the file info-mac/cdev/app-sizer-20.hqx

 -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
Garance Alistair Drosehn   = gad@rpi.edu  or  gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
ITS Systems Programmer
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute;  Troy NY  USA

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (05/27/91)

In article <1991May26.155851.47082@vaxb.acs.unt.edu>, kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
> In article <0B01FFFB.gkj3bx@outpost.UUCP>, peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) writes:
> >
> > In article <1991May26.000450.47076@vaxb.acs.unt.edu>, kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
> >> If anyone is needing a temporary ram disk, (system 7 only, sorry), let me
> >> direct you to a program called appdisk.  It does an absolutely terrific job at
> >> giving me a temporary 1MB ramdisk, and then going away when I don't want it
> >> anymore..(yay!)..also freeing the memory.  This is a fabulous ramdisk if you
> >> need one..!
> >
> > I agree AppDisk is very slick.  Well done!
>
> I've sent the AppDisk.sit.hqx file to comp.mac.bin, and to sumex-aim.  Should
> show up within the next few days.
>
> (Apologies to Mark Adams.  I hope lots of people send their shareware
> payments...)
>
> > I keep AppDisk in my Apple Menu folder for easy access.  When I
> > invoke it, I just hold down the control key to invoke AppSizer first
> > so I can allocate as much memory to AppDisk as I want this time around
> > (I change the size based on what I'm going to do with it this time).
> > -- michael, creator of AppSizer
>
> Michael,
>   This AppSizer you wrote sounds like a handy little utility...are you
> releasing it commercially or shareware or freeware or what?  The net needs to
> know!

I posted AppSizer to the net last January when I released version
2.0.  It showed up on comp.sys.mac.binaries at one point and I *think*
it made it into the SUMEX archive.  If anyone wants it, I'd be happy
to send it to them.  It's shareware.

-- michael

--  Michael Peirce         --   outpost!peirce@claris.com
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--           & Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554, AppleLink: PEIRCE