[comp.sys.mac.system] 32 bit hell

v113px6j@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Thomas A Overfield) (05/23/91)

Has anyone else had this problem?  My 32 bit clean IIsi crashes when I
try and specify a large point size on a postscript font when ATM,
Suitcase 1.2.9, and the 32 bit memory are all on.  When I turn the 32
bit memory off, everything is fine.  I think it's the same with just
ATM on and no suitcase.  Whats up?  I though ATM 2.0 was compatible.

glenn@gla-aux.uucp (Glenn Austin) (05/28/91)

In article <77556@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, v113px6j@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Thomas A Overfield) writes:
> Has anyone else had this problem?  My 32 bit clean IIsi crashes when I
> try and specify a large point size on a postscript font when ATM,
> Suitcase 1.2.9, and the 32 bit memory are all on.  When I turn the 32
> bit memory off, everything is fine.  I think it's the same with just
> ATM on and no suitcase.  Whats up?  I though ATM 2.0 was compatible.

Two things --

1) use Suitcase 1.2.10  (1.2.9 ISN'T COMPATIBLE)

2) I believe my checker showed ATM 2.0 as MOSTLY COMPATIBLE.  I wouldn't
be too surprised to find that it doesn't work with 32-bit mode.

| Glenn L. Austin                | "Turn too soon, run out of room.           |
| Macintosh Wizard and           |    Turn too late, much better fate."       |
| Auto Racing Driver             |   -- Jim Russell Racing School Instructors |
| Usenet:  glenn@gla-aux.uucp         | CI$:       76354,1434                 |
| GENie:   G.AUSTIN3                  | AOnline:   GAustin                    |