[comp.sys.mac.system] DfaultD

gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu (Garance A. Drosehn) (05/28/91)

             gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu (Garance A. Drosehn) writes:
> >I do have things setup so I can bounce back to system 6.0.7 easily,
> >for whatever things which do not work with system 7.  I hate bouncing
> >back to system 6.0.7 though, I'm getting used to the features of
> >system 7 very quickly.
>
> Yeah, I've things set up to bounce back to 6.0.x, too (in my case,
> 6.0.5) and I've found myself not needing to do it near as often as
> I thought I would, given the Compatibility checker list. The one
> thing I *really* miss is DfaultD... especially with the new SFgetfile
> SFputfile structure, I *really* need it!
>
> More power to ya, Jon Gotow! [1] May you have sys7-compatible DfaultD
> ready before I go crazy bouncing up and down my directories...

Seems to me that DfaultD works OK.  I put it back in the system folder on my
Mac SE at home (just last weekend), and as I remember it worked fine.  Of
course, that was at the end of a long night and I didn't play around with it
for long...  You have to put it in the system folder itself, not in the control
panels folder (which is where system 7 wants to put it).  Then make an alias to
it and put that alias in the control panel folder.

Garance Alistair Drosehn   = gad@rpi.edu  or  gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
ITS Systems Programmer                       (handles NeXT-type mail)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute;  Troy NY  USA