[comp.sys.mac.system] OnCue & 7

cs373bg@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (CS373 Student) (05/27/91)

I just got my copy of sys 7.0 installed today but managed to get half of
my inits/cdevs wiped out.. After reinstalling some of them, I haven't been
able to get OnCue to work correctly.. And before you start yelling at me to
just put alias's in my Apple Menu folder, I would rather not.. I prefer to
keep the cdevs on the left and the apps on the right.. Is anyone else having
any problems with OnCue.. MacUsers says that it's supposed to work.. The
symptom is when I slide up to the menu bar where the OnCue Icon is, the
system freezes and I have to do a manual re-boot.  I have
	IIci
	5 megs Real ram
	7 megs VM.
		 If you could leave me a post here as my normal login
with my mailbox is down.  Thanks...
	(I suppose you could leave me a post there, but I don't know
when It'll be back up)
/----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
| Joseph P. Fleck               |"Yeah, I got some hostages the other day... |
| University of Illinois        | Well, you see so many people WITH hostages |
| Urbana/Champaign              | these days and you say -                   |
|  INTERNET:                    | 'Hey! I'd like some too!'" - Steve Martin  |
|     jpf10694@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu |                       Comedy is not Pretty |
\----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

wjb1@quads.uchicago.edu (William J. Buikema) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May27.043426.20710@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> cs373bg@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (CS373 Student) writes:
>I just got my copy of sys 7.0 installed today but managed to get half of
>my inits/cdevs wiped out.. After reinstalling some of them, I haven't been
>able to get OnCue to work correctly.. And before you start yelling at me to
>just put alias's in my Apple Menu folder, I would rather not.. I prefer to
>keep the cdevs on the left and the apps on the right.. Is anyone else having
>any problems with OnCue.. MacUsers says that it's supposed to work.. The
>symptom is when I slide up to the menu bar where the OnCue Icon is, the
>system freezes and I have to do a manual re-boot.  I have
>	IIci
>	5 megs Real ram
>	7 megs VM.
>/----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
>| Joseph P. Fleck               |"Yeah, I got some hostages the other day... |
>| University of Illinois        | Well, you see so many people WITH hostages |
>| Urbana/Champaign              | these days and you say -                   |
>|  INTERNET:                    | 'Hey! I'd like some too!'" - Steve Martin  |
>|     jpf10694@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu |                       Comedy is not Pretty |
>\----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

I called ICOM Simulations (maker of OnCue) last week about a System 7
compatible version, and was quoted 2 months for the new release.  I had the
same problems with 1.3 crashing under 7.0, so I don't think the current
version is compatible.  I guess there's always the option of organizing aliases
using folders in the Apple menu folder itself...

William J. Buikema              internet: wjb1@midway.uchicago.edu
University of Chicago             bitnet: wjb1%midway.uchicago.edu@uchimvs1
Dept. of Molecular Genetics &       or    wjb1@midway.uchicago.edu
    Cell Biology, CLSC 313
920 E. 58th St.
Chicago, IL  60637

ggiergiel@vmsa.oac.uci.edu (05/29/91)

In article <1991May27.043426.20710@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, cs373bg@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (CS373 Student) writes...

>I just got my copy of sys 7.0 installed today but managed to get half of
>my inits/cdevs wiped out.. After reinstalling some of them, I haven't been
>able to get OnCue to work correctly.. And before you start yelling at me to
>just put alias's in my Apple Menu folder, I would rather not.. I prefer to
>keep the cdevs on the left and the apps on the right.. Is anyone else having
>any problems with OnCue.. MacUsers says that it's supposed to work.. The
>symptom is when I slide up to the menu bar where the OnCue Icon is, the
>system freezes and I have to do a manual re-boot.  I have

I wasn't able to get OnCue to work, alias or not.
(alias helps only partially, the system is still liable to crash)
MacUser is lying, the manufacturer says that OnCue is NOT compatible with
7.0. Upgrade is supposed to be available in several months.
J.G