[comp.sys.mac.system] New version of DarkSide available

dowdy@apple.com (Tom Dowdy) (05/28/91)

A new version of DarkSide of the Mac has been made available for
FTP on ftp.apple.com.  Path is /dts/mac/hacks/darkside-2-3.hqx.

Those of you who wished to have a new version and were unable to get
it via mail due to mailer restrictions may wish to try their hand
at ftp.  Someone can post a copy to c.b.m if they wish.

For those who are unaware - DarkSide of the Mac is a freeware
extendable screen saver that is written as an application and patches
no Macintosh traps.  It currently has a collection of 29 screen savers,
which also work with Luni's Darkness screen saver if you are happy
without the settings.

This version fixes about 30 bugs that have been reported
via the net against 2.0.5 - it also includes a very nice new fader for those
with color monitors.  This version has been stable for about 5 months
now.

 Tom Dowdy                 Internet:  dowdy@apple.COM
 Apple Computer MS:81EQ    UUCP:      {sun,voder,amdahl,decwrl}!apple!dowdy
 20525 Mariani Ave         AppleLink: DOWDY1
 Cupertino, CA 95014
 "The 'Ooh-Ah' Bird is so called because it lays square eggs."

tcwan@umiami.ir.miami.edu (05/29/91)

In article <53399@apple.Apple.COM>, dowdy@apple.com (Tom Dowdy) writes:
> A new version of DarkSide of the Mac has been made available for
> FTP on ftp.apple.com.  Path is /dts/mac/hacks/darkside-2-3.hqx.

[description of darkside screen saver deleted]

> This version fixes about 30 bugs that have been reported
> via the net against 2.0.5 - it also includes a very nice new fader for those
> with color monitors.  This version has been stable for about 5 months
> now.
>
>  Tom Dowdy                 Internet:  dowdy@apple.COM
>  Apple Computer MS:81EQ    UUCP:      {sun,voder,amdahl,decwrl}!apple!dowdy
>  20525 Mariani Ave         AppleLink: DOWDY1
>  Cupertino, CA 95014
>  "The 'Ooh-Ah' Bird is so called because it lays square eggs."

Hi, I just checked ftp.apple.com today, and noticed that the file, together
with a few other recent ones, do not have their global read permission
enabled. This gives a permission denied when I tried to get the file.

Could someone relay this to whoever maintains the archive? (M. Johnson?)
BTW, ftp.apple.com is great! Keep up the good work!

T.C. Wan,
Univ. of Miami, FL