[comp.sys.mac.system] How turn off trash alert?

timothy@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Mr. Timothy Bates) (05/26/91)

Does anyone know how to turn off the trash alert? Looking at the fval
resource in the system, it has a field for controlling this (it is set
to '3') but I don't know what other settings are available.

Also, does anyone know how to alter the default page size for the laser
writer? In New Zealand our common size is A4.

your in advance,

timothy@ccu1.aukuni.ak.nz

zlyj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu ( ) (05/27/91)

In article <1991May26.052620.21274@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz>,
timothy@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Mr. Timothy Bates) writes:
> Does anyone know how to turn off the trash alert? Looking at the fval
> resource in the system, it has a field for controlling this (it is set
> to '3') but I don't know what other settings are available.
>
> Also, does anyone know how to alter the default page size for the laser
> writer? In New Zealand our common size is A4.
>
> your in advance,
>
> timothy@ccu1.aukuni.ak.nz

You can turn off the trash alert via Get Info on the trashcan.

anders@verity.com (Anders Wallgren) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May26.052620.21274@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz>, timothy@ccu1 (Mr. Timothy Bates) writes:
>Does anyone know how to turn off the trash alert? Looking at the fval
>resource in the system, it has a field for controlling this (it is set
>to '3') but I don't know what other settings are available.

Get Info on the trash, and deselect the check box...