[comp.sys.mac.system] Un-trashable file in sys 7

jcocon@hubcap.clemson.edu (james c oconnor) (05/29/91)

I have a file that I can't trash.  It stays in the trash, even after
I've shut down and tried to empty trash after a restart.  I've used
an old copy of disktop to unset the lock bit (always worked with 6.0.?)
but that hasn't helped.

Any clues?

Jim

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May29.130913.6098@hubcap.clemson.edu> jcocon@hubcap.clemson.edu (james c oconnor) writes:
>I have a file that I can't trash.  It stays in the trash, even after
>I've shut down and tried to empty trash after a restart.  I've used
>an old copy of disktop to unset the lock bit (always worked with 6.0.?)
>but that hasn't helped.

Something like this happened to me, once. I selected empty trash, and
one of the files in it refused to go away. Using Macsbug to break on
PBDelete, I found that some network error was being returned. Some sort
of privileges problem. Since the file I was trying to trash came from a
folder that was shared, I turned off FileShare and was able to delete
the file. Later, I tried to reproduce the problem, but was unable.

Keith Rollin  ---  Apple Computer, Inc.
INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"But where the senses fail us, reason must step in."  - Galileo