[comp.sys.mac.system] Easy Reproducable ResEdit Bug

pilch@plains.NoDak.edu (Jay Pilch) (05/31/91)

I know it is not difficult to do, but I did find it.  When making a Dialog
Box, after it was totally finished (Would crash even if I just made it), and
when I Get the Info and change the name, and then close that box, The Machine
bombs.  Of course, it was a Macintosh LC...

ResEdit 2.1 from ftp.apple.com

Jay pilch
pilch@plains.nodak.edu

neuburg@campus.swarthmore.edu (05/31/91)

In article <10682@plains.NoDak.edu> pilch@plains.NoDak.edu (Jay Pilch) writes:
> When making a Dialog
> Box, after it was totally finished, and
> when I Get the Info and change the name, and then close that box,
> The Machine
> bombs.  Of course, it was a Macintosh LC...
>
> ResEdit 2.1 from ftp.apple.com

Same here. ResEdit 2.1 will not let you make any changes to
Resource info (name, number of resource) under system 7 on an LC.

There used to be a workaround, however, on the LC, under 6.0.7.
If you are desperate, you might try this: go back to 6.0.7
temporarily somehow; go to the resource you want to change the
name or number of, and open it *all the way* (that is, don't just
select the desired resource, but *double-click* the desired
resource). Then Get Resource Info and make your changes. ResEdit
should allow this.

matt = neuburg@campus.swarthmore.edu