[comp.sys.mac.system] Usenet Macintosh Programmer's Guide

kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (05/31/91)

Hi *,

  Just wanted to post a plug for the Usenet Macintosh Programmer's Guide.  I
d/led it off sumex-aim.stanford.edu last night, and It's AMAZING!

  Has answers to about 1/2 the questios I've ever had!  (If only I'd thought to
look for it before this!)

--
\  Ken Corey, VAX/Unix Programmer/Operator  (And GOD am I confused...;)  /
 \          kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu  ken@isect.lonestar.org               /

osborn@ux1.lbl.gov (James R Osborn) (05/31/91)

In article <1991May31.005122.47172@vaxb.acs.unt.edu> kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
>Hi *,
>
>  Just wanted to post a plug for the Usenet Macintosh Programmer's Guide.  I
>d/led it off sumex-aim.stanford.edu last night, and It's AMAZING!
>
>  Has answers to about 1/2 the questios I've ever had!  (If only I'd thought to
>look for it before this!)
>
>--
>\  Ken Corey, VAX/Unix Programmer/Operator  (And GOD am I confused...;)  /
> \          kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu  ken@isect.lonestar.org               /

Me too.  GREAT RESOURCE.  It may drive everyone crazy at your place of
work (or wherever you print) since it is 281 pages.  But it does indeed
answer many FAQ's.  Any novice programmer who starts using this newsgroup
should be REQUIRED to get a copy of UMPG before asking anything.

Cheers to Matt Mora for compiling UPMG!  And Double Cheers to all of the
netters who contributed information to it!

-- James

| James R. Osborn              | It just goes to show you it's always |
| Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory | something.  Either it's baffling     |
| osborn@ux1.lbl.gov           | tech notes or your mac is smoking.   |
| (415) 548-8464               | It's always something...             |