[comp.sys.mac.system] 7.0 CD and Documentation

jms20@po.CWRU.Edu (John M. Sully) (05/22/91)

I just got access to the Golden Master 7.0 CD, and was trying to
print the documentation contained on it, and was haveing
some trouble.  I'm on a Mac II (8/80) printing to a LaserWriter.  When
I send the document to the printer, using the DiskPaper utility on the CD,
the document comes out with words smashed together, and running off the end of
the page.  I've tried printing it sideways, and it still comes out in it's
normal orientation.  If anyone has had this problem, or know's what I'm
doing wrong, please e-mail me.

Thanks in advance.

Have a day...

John M. Sully
--
| John M. Sully                    | "Why do I get the idea that |
| jms20@po.cwru.edu                |  someday I'll be describing |

png@cup.portal.com (Peter Nicholas Glaskowsky) (05/28/91)

Another possible problem with the documentation on the 7.0 GM CD--

When I use HyperCard 2.1 to open the Inside Macintosh Vol. VI stack, and
invoke the Browser, and click on a page title, I don't get the selected
page. Instead, I get a page (about) 16 pages later than the one I
selected. This is totally repeatable (i.e., it's never worked right).

.                png

chuck@brain.UUCP (Chuck Shotton) (05/30/91)

In article <42725@cup.portal.com>, png@cup.portal.com (Peter Nicholas Glaskowsky) writes:

> Another possible problem with the documentation on the 7.0 GM CD--
>
> When I use HyperCard 2.1 to open the Inside Macintosh Vol. VI stack, and
> invoke the Browser, and click on a page title, I don't get the selected
> page. Instead, I get a page (about) 16 pages later than the one I
> selected. This is totally repeatable (i.e., it's never worked right).
>
> .                png

In a similar vein, I can't get the Browser to even show me a table of contents
for the IM VI stack. Anyone seen this problem? What am I doing wrong?

Chuck Shotton                 Internet:   cshotton@girch1.med.uth.tmc.edu
"Your silly quote here."      UUCP:       ...!buster!brain!chuck

jms20@po.CWRU.Edu (John M. Sully) (05/31/91)

>In a similar vein, I can't get the Browser to even show me a table of contents
>for the IM VI stack. Anyone seen this problem? What am I doing wrong?

I've had the same problem.  When I try to launch the IM VI stack, it says that
it can;t find two files (browser.i, and one other I can't remember the name
of...), and that I should put them into the Support Files folder.  When I check
that folder, I find that the "missing" files are already there.

If anyone has any ideas...please let me know where I'm goofing up...

On an unrealted note:
   Does anyone know of a toolbox routine that will convert an RGB
image to an HSI (HSV) image?  I've been using the color picker routine
that converts individual pixels, but this is very slow to convert an
entire image.  If anyone has any info on this, PLEASE send me e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

John
--
| John M. Sully                    | "Why do I get the idea that |
| jms20@po.cwru.edu                |  someday I'll be describing |
| Case Western Reserve University  |  this to a psychologist?"   |
| Cleveland, Ohio                  |             --Lisa Simpson  |

png@cup.portal.com (Peter Nicholas Glaskowsky) (06/01/91)

I had other problems with HyperCard 2.1 and the Browser, but solved them
by increasing the memory allocation for HyperCard from the standard
1000K to 2500K. 2000K wasn't enough, believe it or don't.

.                 png