[comp.sys.mac.system] Aliases in Extensions folder

dcw@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (David C. Worenklein) (06/02/91)

I tried placing an alias of an init in the extensions folder, but the system
didn't seem to recognize it. Should this work? What I want to do is have my
old 6.0.5 folder buried somewhere, and alias inits and cdevs into my 7.0 folder
The cdev aliases work, but the init aliases don't.

drc@claris.com (Dennis Cohen) (06/03/91)

dcw@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (David C. Worenklein) writes:

>I tried placing an alias of an init in the extensions folder, but the system
>didn't seem to recognize it. Should this work? What I want to do is have my
>old 6.0.5 folder buried somewhere, and alias inits and cdevs into my 7.0 folder
>The cdev aliases work, but the init aliases don't.

The cdev aliases will work to the extent that they will open the cdev when
you double-click the alias; however, if they have an INIT component, that won't
be run at boot time.  The alias manager is not resident at boot time.