[comp.sys.mac.system] Imagewriter Printing and System 7.0

emjay@dorsai (Michael Lavery) (05/30/91)

Has anyone else had any problems with Imagewriter II printing under System
7.0? My system is an SE/30 with 5 megs ram. To print an average formatted
letter-sized page using Word 4.0c, ATM V2.0 (significant memory set aside
for ATM and for the ram cache) and 1 Adobe Type 1 font in best quality on an
Imagewriter II, with no other applications or DAs open, has taken 15-20
minutes PER PAGE!!!
This 15 MINUTERS PER PAGE is true whether the printer fonts and screen fonts
are in a folder together on top layer of the disk or, as Adobe recommends -
screen fonts installed inthe System and printe fonts loose in the System
Folder (as opposed to being in the Extension folder).
Of course to make matters WORSE (could it be?), MultiSpool no longer
functions under System 7 (YES, I was one who had no problems with it under
6.0.5) and to spend almost 2 hours with the computer tied up to print a
standard business document is, to put it mildly, un-acceptable.
Does anyone else (1) have similar problems, (2) suggestions as to what might
be the problem, even if a solution is not known, or (3) other avenues of
exploration to go to solve the problem?
 Michael J. Lavery, Esq.       "The only drawback to our public
 CIS:  70416,1110              school system is unsolicited cake."
 GEnie:  EMJAY
 America Online:  EMJAY2                     John Mortimer
 Domain:  emjay@dorsai.com                A Voyage Round My Father
 INTERNET:  ....uupsi!dorsai!emjay            :-?
 GayCom:  1/0 (THE BACKROOM) - GAY LAW

jess@gn.ecn.purdue.edu (Jess M Holle) (06/01/91)

In article <Jw1q33w163w@dorsai> emjay@dorsai (Michael Lavery) writes:
>Of course to make matters WORSE (could it be?), MultiSpool no longer
>functions under System 7 (YES, I was one who had no problems with it under

Has anyone successfully gotten a hold of the author of Multispool?

It worked FLAWLESSLY for me under System 6.0.3 (better than Superspool 5.0
by light years), but is buggier under System 6.0.5, and now won't work at
all under System 7.0. I can't afford to buy Multispool (especially as poorly
as it works), but I really want to upgrade to 7.0.

Does anyone know of another print spooler for the IW II? Is there any
chance that someone could develop a decent freeware/shareware/cheap
spooler for it?

For all of System 7.0's wonder, it is of negative worth if I have to wait
forever (over an hour for some reports) for my documents to print.

Jess Holle

lamont@convex.com (Bradley Lamont) (06/03/91)

If anyone knows about a spooler, I would like to know about it also.

Thanks,
Brad Lamont