[comp.sys.mac.system] Clean up bug in 7.0?

philip@pescadero.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) (06/04/91)

Clean up Window used to move icons that were
on top of other icons. It doesn't appear to
do this in 7.0, if the icons happen to be on
grid positions. Move an icon on top of another,
while holding COMMAND and then do Clean up Window.

It happens in both view by Icon and Small Icon.
--
Philip Machanick
philip@pescadero.stanford.edu

awessels@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Allen Wessels) (06/04/91)

In article <1991Jun3.173709.20480@neon.Stanford.EDU> philip@pescadero.stanford.edu writes:

>Clean up Window used to move icons that were
>on top of other icons. It doesn't appear to
>do this in 7.0, if the icons happen to be on
>grid positions. Move an icon on top of another,
>while holding COMMAND and then do Clean up Window.

This is one of the first diffferences in Sys7 that I noticed too.  And the
file with the longer name, if on top, completely obscures the file on
bottom.

One way to get the equivalent of the old Clean Up is to select all the
files/folders in the window and drag it to that window's icon.

Why oh why doesn't Apple make these things as options/preferences instead of
forcing us to use the new/different controls?  Heaven forbid if my machine
COULD be configured so that someone else might have a tad bit of trouble
adjusting.