[comp.sys.mac.system] Laserwriter Driver 6.0.2 vs TrueType

sjhg9320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Natty Dredmon ) (06/05/91)

On many documents printed from MacDraw II, Word 4.0c, and Excel 2.2,
the Laserwriter IINT we have generates Postscript errors #3, and #4.

This happens when we couple LaserWriter Driver 6.0.2, Apple's TrueType
INIT Distributed via apple.com, and System 6.0.7. Updating the printer
driver is not an option, so does anyone have a suggestion for a workaround?
Ripping out the TrueType Fonts and trashing the INIT works just fine,
but isn't as pleasant to look at when you use 67 point type :-)

winders@aux.support.apple.com (Scott Winders) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun4.194812.18241@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
sjhg9320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Natty Dredmon ) writes:

> On many documents printed from MacDraw II, Word 4.0c, and Excel 2.2,
> the Laserwriter IINT we have generates Postscript errors #3, and #4.
>
> This happens when we couple LaserWriter Driver 6.0.2, Apple's TrueType
> INIT Distributed via apple.com, and System 6.0.7. Updating the printer
> driver is not an option, so does anyone have a suggestion for a
workaround?
> Ripping out the TrueType Fonts and trashing the INIT works just fine,
> but isn't as pleasant to look at when you use 67 point type :-)

If updating your printer driver is not an option, you will not be able to
use the TrueType software with your system. The LaserWriter 6.1 or
LaserWriter 7.0 driver is required to print TrueType output.

Scott Winders
internet: winders@aux.support.apple.com
AppleLink: winders.s@applelink.apple.com