[comp.sys.mac.system] Sharing removable disks

pdbourke@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Paul David Bourke) (06/06/91)

Does anyone know ho to share removable didks under system 7.

When I try I get "One or more items could not be shared because
not all volumes are available for file sharing."

This happens with both Syquist and CD ROM disks!

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Mark Lanett) (06/06/91)

pdbourke@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Paul David Bourke) writes:

>Does anyone know ho to share removable didks under system 7.

>When I try I get "One or more items could not be shared because
>not all volumes are available for file sharing."

>This happens with both Syquist and CD ROM disks!

It usually helps to turn off File Sharing and then turn it back on.
I find that I'm doing this much too often, usually because the system wants to
share everything that was present at turn-on, even what I would never publish.
--
Mark Lanett						mlanett@uiuc.edu