[comp.sys.mac.system] After Dark & 7.0

talarico@rodan.acs.syr.edu (John F. Talarico) (06/05/91)

   Is it just me, or does After Dark act a bit psychotic under System 7?
 I have a IIfx w/8megs of RAM and I can't seem to get AD to run correctly.
 When I choose a module and use the DEMO button, it works fine, but when
 the machine sits idle, AD seems to be running EXTREMELY slow.  Anyone else
 experience this?

But it was allright, everything was allright,  |  John Talarico
the struggle was finished.  He had won the     |  Syracuse University
victory over himself.  He loved Big Brother.   |  (TALARICO@SUNRISE.ACS.SYR.EDU)

steph@kona.cs.ucla.edu (Stephen Sakamoto) (06/05/91)

In article <1991Jun5.001246.6178@rodan.acs.syr.edu> talarico@rodan.acs.syr.edu (John F. Talarico) writes:

>   Is it just me, or does After Dark act a bit psychotic under System 7?
> I have a IIfx w/8megs of RAM and I can't seem to get AD to run correctly.
> When I choose a module and use the DEMO button, it works fine, but when
> the machine sits idle, AD seems to be running EXTREMELY slow.  Anyone else
> experience this?

The finder is now doing a whole lot more and just doesn't call
WaitNextEvent as often. Try leaving an application in the foreground and
you will see the difference.

>--
>________________________________________________________________________________
>But it was allright, everything was allright,  |  John Talarico
>the struggle was finished.  He had won the     |  Syracuse University
>victory over himself.  He loved Big Brother.   |  (TALARICO@SUNRISE.ACS.SYR.EDU)

--
Stephen Sakamoto
UCLA Computer Science Department
steph@cs.ucla.edu

pandy@hut.fi (Andreas Holmberg) (06/05/91)

In article <1991Jun5.001246.6178@rodan.acs.syr.edu> talarico@rodan.acs.syr.edu (John F. Talarico) writes:

->    Is it just me, or does After Dark act a bit psychotic under System 7?
->  I have a IIfx w/8megs of RAM and I can't seem to get AD to run correctly.
->  When I choose a module and use the DEMO button, it works fine, but when
->  the machine sits idle, AD seems to be running EXTREMELY slow.  Anyone else
->  experience this?

	Yes, After Dark 0.1 is not System 7 compatible!!

	:-) :-)

	Why is it so impossible to write the version number. I suspect you
	really are using 2.0u which should be the latest versioni. I am
	using 2.0t and experiencing the same problems, but then again
	2.0t is not fully 7-compatible.

	If anybody could tell me where I could get an upgrade I would
	be very grateful.

--
                    Tsaukki says
                              Pandy

              Andreas "Pandy" Holmberg          Email:  pandy@hut.fi
     Helsinki University of Technology          Finger: pandy@spiff.hut.fi

talarico@rodan.acs.syr.edu (John F. Talarico) (06/06/91)

You wrote:

  <  Why is it so impossible to write the version number. I suspect you
        really are using 2.0u which should be the latest versioni. >

   Yes, I am/was using After Dark 2.0u.  Must we be so anal?