[comp.sys.mac.system] Boomerang & 7.0

rcs8@po.CWRU.Edu (Robert C. Sprecher) (06/06/91)

Well I've got Boomerang 2.0.3, and the new boomerfix cdev in
the system folder on my IIsi and neither will work!

I've tried it with no inits, in the root system folder, in the
cdev folder, and in the extensions folder.  Each time the
icons on startup are X'ed out.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Rob
--
Robert C. Sprecher, M.D.	       (E-Mail)  rcs8@po.cwru.edu
Department of Otolaryngology	       (Voice)   216-844-3001

news@massey.ac.nz (USENET News System) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun5.180518.26236@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> rcs8@po.CWRU.Edu (Robert
C. Sprecher) writes:
>Well I've got Boomerang 2.0.3, and the new boomerfix cdev in
>the system folder on my IIsi and neither will work!
>I've tried it with no inits, in the root system folder, in the
>cdev folder, and in the extensions folder.  Each time the
>icons on startup are X'ed out.

What you need to do is rename the superboomerang fix so that it loads after
superboomerang. That's it.

Cheers
Al

A.K.Burton@massey.ac.nz
Macintosh Consultant
Massey University
New Zealand

dana@are.berkeley.edu (Dana E. Keil) (06/06/91)

news@massey.ac.nz (USENET News System) writes:

>In article <1991Jun5.180518.26236@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> rcs8@po.CWRU.Edu (Robert
>C. Sprecher) writes:
>>Well I've got Boomerang 2.0.3, and the new boomerfix cdev in
>>the system folder on my IIsi and neither will work!
>>I've tried it with no inits, in the root system folder, in the
>>cdev folder, and in the extensions folder.  Each time the
>>icons on startup are X'ed out.

>What you need to do is rename the superboomerang fix so that it loads after
>superboomerang. That's it.

Although it's probably not your problem in this case, I find that
sometimes the SuperBoomerang Prefs file gets corrupted and I have
to replace it so that Boomerang will load and not be x-ed out..
--
Dana E. Keil           Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
dana@are.berkeley.EDU                 University of California, Berkeley

Charlie.Mingo@p4218.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Charlie Mingo) (06/06/91)

rcs8@po.CWRU.Edu (Robert C. Sprecher) writes:

RC> Well I've got Boomerang 2.0.3, and the new boomerfix cdev in
RC> the system folder on my IIsi and neither will work!
RC>
RC> I've tried it with no inits, in the root system folder, in the
RC> cdev folder, and in the extensions folder.  Each time the
RC> icons on startup are X'ed out.

   Your SB preferences file is corrupted. Put both SB & SBF in Control Panels;
copy new versions of SB Prefs & SB Help to the Preferences folder, and reboot.

 * Origin: "Each to his point of bliss" -- Browning (1:109/421.4218)

Charlie.Mingo@p4218.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Charlie Mingo) (06/06/91)

news@massey.ac.nz (USENET News System) writes:

UN> What you need to do is rename the superboomerang fix so that it loads
UN>
UN> after superboomerang. That's it.

     Won't it do that already? (Shorter names load before longer ones.)

 * Origin: "Each to his point of bliss" -- Browning (1:109/421.4218)

fry@zariski.harvard.edu (David Fry) (06/06/91)

Several people have said to rename the INITs so that the fixer
loads after Super Boomerang.  What needs to be explicitly
stated is that your Super Boomerang is probably called "Super
Boomerang(tm)" whereas your fixer is called "Super Boomerang
Fixer", because that's the names they were distributed with.
You should remove the trademark symbol from the Boomerang or
add it to the fixer.

David Fry                               fry@math.harvard.EDU
Department of Mathematics               fry@huma1.bitnet
Harvard University                      ...!harvard!huma1!fry
Cambridge, MA  02138

rotberg@dms.UUCP (Ed Rotberg) (06/06/91)

From article <1991Jun5.180518.26236@usenet.ins.cwru.edu>, by rcs8@po.CWRU.Edu (Robert C. Sprecher):

> Well I've got Boomerang 2.0.3, and the new boomerfix cdev in
> the system folder on my IIsi and neither will work!
>
> I've tried it with no inits, in the root system folder, in the
> cdev folder, and in the extensions folder.  Each time the
> icons on startup are X'ed out.

Yep,  The same thing happened to me the first time I tried it.  That was
because the Super Boomerang Fixer loaded BEFORE and NOT AFTER
Super Boomerang.  You will notice that Super Boomerang has the
[tm] after the name.  This is what cause the finder to load it
after Super Boomerang Fixer.  My solution was to change the
name of Super Boomerang Fixer to Super Boomerang[tm] Fixer
in order to force the correct load sequence.  You could also
remove the [tm] from Super Boomerang. (the [tm] symbol is
gotten by typing Option-2, or you could just cut it from the
name of Super Boomerang[tm]).

I hope that this helps.

	- Ed -