[comp.sys.mac.system] Looking for old System for IIsi

gengler@moose.pen.tek.com (Kenneth A. Gengler) (06/07/91)

Well I tried system 7, and I liked it.  But it runs even fewer of
my old applications then 6.0.7.  SO, I would like to get a hold
of an older version of the System.  (Whatever was current about
two years ago, I think...).  I have two questions:

1. Where can I find old System/Finder version (on the net?)
2. How old a version can my Mac IIsi run?

Thanks,
Ken

mcginnis-john@cs.yale.edu (John Mcginnis) (06/07/91)

In article <2121@tekig7.MAP.TEK.COM> gengler@moose.pen.tek.com (Kenneth A. Gengler) writes:

>Well I tried system 7, and I liked it.  But it runs even fewer of
>my old applications then 6.0.7.  SO, I would like to get a hold
>of an older version of the System.  (Whatever was current about
>two years ago, I think...).  I have two questions:
>
>1. Where can I find old System/Finder version (on the net?)
>2. How old a version can my Mac IIsi run?
>
>Thanks,
>Ken

First of all, I am somewhat surprised that you have more problems with 7.  My
roommate's IIsi seemed to crash more often under 6.0.7 than my SE/30 under 7,
and I use more inits and applications.

Secondly, the earliest system that the IIsi can run is 6.0.7, (except in can
run 6.0.6, but that was never really released, so it doesn't count).  Thus, you
are stuck.  You are fortunate in that the IIsi will tell you that it can't use
6.0.5 or earlier when you try.  On an SE/30, a too early system just causes a
bomb.

I am not sure where earlier versions of system software can be had, aside from
Developer's CDs, but in this case the point is moot.

--
mcginnis-john@cs.yale.edu
jray@yalevm.ycc.yale.edu