[comp.sys.mac.system] System 7 trashing disk directories

emmayche@dhw68k.cts.com (Mark Hartman) (06/07/91)

Has anyone had trouble using Silverlining 5.27 with System 7.0?

I started having problems such as not being able to dismount partitions,
very strange dates on files, etc.

Other possible culprits are:
   DiskExpress II v2.07 (although it seemed to work fine)
   MaxAppleZoom (how, I don't know, but anything is possible)
   ...or several other extensions/control panels which "seem to work"

If anyone has had similar problems, please let me know.
--
Mark Hartman, N6BMO           "What are you just standing there for?  Where
Applelink: N1083 or BINARY.TREE      do you think you are, DIS-ney World??"

In article <1991Jun6.185659.1632@dhw68k.cts.com> emmayche@dhw68k.cts.com (Mark Hartman) writes:
>Has anyone had trouble using Silverlining 5.27 with System 7.0?
>
>I started having problems such as not being able to dismount partitions,
>very strange dates on files, etc.
>
>Other possible culprits are:
>   DiskExpress II v2.07 (although it seemed to work fine)
>   MaxAppleZoom (how, I don't know, but anything is possible)
>   ...or several other extensions/control panels which "seem to work"
>
>If anyone has had similar problems, please let me know.

It is SilverLining itself, at least for the dismounting partitions problem--
the Desktop DB/DF files confuse it.