[comp.sys.mac.system] Reporting bugs

philip@pescadero.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) (06/08/91)

In article <13966@goofy.Apple.COM>, lsr@Apple.COM (Larry Rosenstein) writes:
|> By the way, if you think there is a bug, and you're concerned about Apple
|> knowing about it, then send in a bug report.  The utility you need is on
|> ftp.apple.com in the /dts/mac/tools directory (I think).  Posting a message
|> on Usenet is not guaranteed to work.

If you mean bugreporter.hqx - yes, it's there.

Posting to the net is a good way of finding out if the bug is
repeatable.

The documentation in bugreporter.hqx only gives AppleLink, MCI Mail
and US Mail addresses for submitting bug reports. How about
adding an internet address?
--
Philip Machanick
philip@pescadero.stanford.edu

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (06/08/91)

philip@pescadero.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) writes:

>In article <13966@goofy.Apple.COM>, lsr@Apple.COM (Larry Rosenstein) writes:
>|> By the way, if you think there is a bug, and you're concerned about Apple
>|> knowing about it, then send in a bug report.  The utility you need is on
>|> ftp.apple.com in the /dts/mac/tools directory (I think).  Posting a message
>|> on Usenet is not guaranteed to work.

>If you mean bugreporter.hqx - yes, it's there.

>Posting to the net is a good way of finding out if the bug is
>repeatable.

>The documentation in bugreporter.hqx only gives AppleLink, MCI Mail
>and US Mail addresses for submitting bug reports. How about
>adding an internet address?

Take whatever the AppleLink address is, and add "@applelink.apple.com"
to it for a valid internet address.

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"

bitting-douglas@cs.yale.edu (Douglas Bitting) (06/09/91)

In article <1991Jun8.062453.26530@neon.Stanford.EDU> philip@pescadero.stanford.edu writes:
>The documentation in bugreporter.hqx only gives AppleLink, MCI Mail
>and US Mail addresses for submitting bug reports. How about
>adding an internet address?
>--
>Philip Machanick
>philip@pescadero.stanford.edu

You can reach AppleLink from the internet... I believe the format is
Name@applelink.apple.com

Hope this helps...
--Doug

--
Doug Bitting             | "And we know that in all things God works
PO Box 3043 Yale Station |  for the good of those who love him..."