[comp.sys.mac.system] Finder shortcuts...

sburke@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Scott Burke) (04/11/91)

Hi.  I asked this before and got one response involving some moderate ResEdit
hacking, but let's try again:

Is there a simple (perhaps _official_) way to change the shortcut keys in the
Finder?  i.e., Option-selecting a menu item and being allowed to enter your
personal favorite Command-key option?  Or something like that?

Scott.
sburke@jarthur.claremont.edu

raymond@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz (R P Wilson ) (06/08/91)

I was looking arounf in the system 7 finder last night when I discovered a
bunch of PICTS describing finder shortcuts.  But I can't find where you
can see these from within the finder.  How do you see these??

Raymond.

--
Raymond Wilson.	email:	raymond@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
		snail:	c/- Computer Science Department,

xdab@ellis.uchicago.edu (David Baird) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun8.122436.992@csc.canterbury.ac.nz> raymond@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz (R P Wilson ) writes:

>I was looking arounf in the system 7 finder last night when I discovered a
>bunch of PICTS describing finder shortcuts.  But I can't find where you
>can see these from within the finder.  How do you see these??
>
>Raymond.

With the Finder as the active application, Finder Shortcuts will be
the bottom item in the Balloon Help Menu.

--
X	           David Baird			xdab@midway.uchicago.edu      X

raymond@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz (cantva) (06/09/91)

From article <1991Jun8.020440.16290@midway.uchicago.edu>, by xdab@ellis.uchicago.edu (David Baird):

> With the Finder as the active application, Finder Shortcuts will be
> the bottom item in the Balloon Help Menu.

Well don't I feel a wally! Only been using Sys 7 for a couple of weeks!!! :-(

Must have been a temporary lapse in memory. ;-)

Thanks for the responses anyway.

Raymond.