[comp.sys.mac.system] Why the generic doc. icon ??

bmueller@mis.mcw.edu (06/10/91)

Could anyone tell me why my SCSI Probe 3.0.1 takes the form of a
generic document icon (folded over at edge)? I am running System
7.0 and accidentally destroyed my desktop DF. After rebuilding the
desktop things came back to normal, but I noticed this generic
document icon when I went to access SCSI Probe.

I removed it from the desktop, rebuilt the deskdtop, reinstalled it,
and everything was fine. When I started up again, the generic doc.
icon was there (and this happened several times).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Bob Mueller.

P.S. All my other icons are just fine...only SCSI Probe has this
problem. Since I just downloaded it last night, I don't know if
this version is faulty, or if I am at fault.

lasleyse@wam.umd.edu (Scott E. Lasley) (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun9.180806.71@mis.mcw.edu> bmueller@mis.mcw.edu writes:
>Could anyone tell me why my SCSI Probe 3.0.1 takes the form of a
>generic document icon (folded over at edge)? I am running System

The version of SCSI Probe 3.0.1 I ftp'd did not have the bundle bit set.
Use ResEdit to set the bundle bit and clear the inited bit for SCSI Probe.
Its icon should appear after you perform a Get Info, or close and
open the window it is in.  Hope this helps.