[comp.sys.mac.system] Spooky Purple Menubar

jonh@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Jon Howell) (06/05/91)

[dumb question warning.]

I just purchased a used IIcx.  It had nothing on it except a very old System
Folder with scads of strange modifications.  I installed Sys 7 immediately,
and after I took out every weirdo little file that didn't belong, it works
fine, except for the menu bar.  It's purple!  Everything I try retains this
purpleality.  I can't find the responsible source anywhere!  If it's any help,
the pull-down menus are also tinted a nice shade of parchment (that I like),
except for custom ones such as HyperCard's toolbox, which is white.

I assume there's a simple utility somewhere out there that will fix this for
me.  The weird part is that installing system 7 (replacing the System file)
and clearing out all foreign materials didn't cure my sickly menus!  Hmm.

Thanks in advance,
	--Jon

[We now return to our regularly scheduled and usually intelligent programming.]
--
 _____   ___    _   _  Jon Howell: jonh@pogo.wv.tek.com | My life's quest is to
|_   _| / _ \  | \ | | 6417 Sorrel	    | find a computer to call for a

ejb@think.com (Erik Bailey) (06/05/91)

In article <11010@pogo.WV.TEK.COM> jonh@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Jon Howell) writes:
>[dumb question warning.]
>
>I just purchased a used IIcx.  It had nothing on it except a very old System
>Folder with scads of strange modifications.  I installed Sys 7 immediately,
>and after I took out every weirdo little file that didn't belong, it works
>fine, except for the menu bar.  It's purple! [...]
>
>Thanks in advance,
>	--Jon

Well, under 6.0.7 I had a cdev called "Kolor" that could change the colors
of the menu bars, menus, buttons, dialog boxes, etc.  I haven't tried it
under 7 because I never used it under 6, so didn't bother installing it.
What I don't remember is if the changes were permanent (ie if you made the
menu bar purple, then removed Kolor from the system folder, would themenu
bar *stay* purple).

If it would be any help, I could mail you Kolor...  --Erik

--
      Erik Bailey       | 7 Oak Knoll         | Thinking Machines Corp.
      ejb@think.com     | Arlington, MA 02174 | 245 First St.

ejb@think.com (Erik Bailey) (06/11/91)

In article <676362431.21@egsgate.FidoNet.Org>
Erik.Bailey@f98.n250.z1.FidoNet.Org (Erik Bailey) writes:
                 that's me!

> [ an article about Kolor that I posted last week! ]

That's bizarre...  If anyone sees this that knows anything about the
FidoNet gateway, you might wanna have a look at it.  I've seen a LOT of
repeat messages today (6/11), but THIS one was definitely deja vu! :-)

--Erik