[comp.sys.mac.system] Clipboard with Sounds Bug

sie6@quads.uchicago.edu (scott alexander siege) (06/08/91)

Hi,
I have discovered a rather odd bug that falls into the category of: "If it
bombs the mac then DON'T DO IT" and that is fine. But, the reason I am
writing is 1)I am wondering whether others can reproduce it. and 2)I personally
belive that a computer should not Bomb when you do normal type things. eg. a
novice user should be unable to bomb the machine at all.

So, here it is:
   If I copy a sound into the clipboard, then show the clipboard in the finder
I discovered that the "clean up window" option under the special menu is
available. (Not greyed) choosing it causes "Divide By Zero". (which happens to
be unrecoverable).

Please E-mail to me and I'll summarize. (Or not if this has been dealt with
already and I just missed it.)

Thanks,
            Scott

alexr@apple.com (Alexander M. Rosenberg) (06/12/91)

In article <1991Jun8.010809.14819@midway.uchicago.edu>, sie6@quads.uchicago.edu (scott alexander siege) writes:

>    If I copy a sound into the clipboard, then show the clipboard in the finder
> I discovered that the "clean up window" option under the special menu is
> available. (Not greyed) choosing it causes "Divide By Zero". (which happens to
> be unrecoverable).

Congradulations! This is a real System 7.0 bug! We already knew about it,
however. The 7.0 Finder is a complicated beastie. Sorry. I'm sure that
it'll be fixed someday.

-  Alexander M. Rosenberg  - INTERNET: alexr@apple.com      - Yoyodyne    -
-  330 1/2 Waverley St.    - UUCP:ucbvax!apple!alexr        - Propulsion  -
-  Palo Alto, CA 94301     -                                - Systems     -
-  (415) 329-8463          - Nobody is my employer so       - :-)         -
-  (408) 974-3110          - nobody cares what I say.       -             -