[comp.sys.mac.system] Just Click modified to give "Hide Others" option

armstrng@cs.dal.ca (Stan Armstrong) (06/07/91)

Just Click is a great extension. It takes us half way back to something
we lost from the last beta of system 6 Multifinder. Not only did that version
change applications when you clicked on the upper right mini-icon, but
if you also held down the option key as you clicked, the windows of the
application you were leaving disappeared as the switch was made. I have
lost the name and address of the author of Just Click. I wonder if he
would consider adding this feature to his extension.
--
Stan Armstrong. Religious Studies Dept, Saint Mary's University, Halifax, N.S.
att!clyde!watmath!water!dalcs!armstrng | armstrong@husky1.stmarys.ca

walkere@maia.cs.rpi.edu (Ellen Walker) (06/08/91)

In Message 1991Jun6.175334.15399@cs.dal.ca, armstrng@cs.dal.ca (Stan
Armstrong) writes:

>if you also held down the option key as you clicked, the windows of the
>application you were leaving disappeared as the switch was made.

This is still true in 7.0 (at least in my copy.)

Ellen Walker, RPI CS
walkere@cs.rpi.edu

rmh@apple.com (Rick Holzgrafe) (06/12/91)

In article <k!xhqsh@rpi.edu> walkere@maia.cs.rpi.edu (Ellen Walker) writes:
> >if you also held down the option key as you clicked, the windows of the
> >application you were leaving disappeared as the switch was made.
>
> This is still true in 7.0 (at least in my copy.)

It's a standard feature of the system: option-click on a background app's
window will hide the current app as the new one comes forward. In fact,
holding down the option key any time you switch apps seems to have this
effect.

Rick Holzgrafe              |    {sun,voder,nsc,mtxinu,dual}!apple!rmh
Software Engineer           | AppleLink HOLZGRAFE1          rmh@apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.        |  "All opinions expressed are mine, and do
20525 Mariani Ave. MS: 3-PK |    not necessarily represent those of my
Cupertino, CA 95014         |        employer, Apple Computer Inc."