[comp.sys.mac.system] System 7 trash folders

heather@mbir.bcm.tmc.edu (Heather Mayor) (06/10/91)

I seem to get a lot of completely empty 'trash' folders showing
up on various hard drives under System 7.
Anyone else getting this or know the reason. I just keep deleting
them.

*-------------------------------------------------------------*
|  Heather D. Mayor            |  heather@mbir.bcm.tmc.edu    |
|  Department of Microbiology  |           OR                 |
|  Baylor College of Medicine  |    hmayor@bcm.tmc.edu        |
|  Houston, TX 77030  U.S.A.   |                              |
*-------------------------------------------------------------*

tisu@quads.uchicago.edu (Seth Tisue) (06/13/91)

In article <5932@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> heather@mbir.bcm.tmc.edu (Heather Mayor) writes:
>I seem to get a lot of completely empty 'trash' folders showing
>up on various hard drives under System 7.
>Anyone else getting this or know the reason. I just keep deleting
>them.

Does this happen within System 7, or just when you switch back to System 6?
When I switch from 7 to 6 using SystemSwitcher, lots of new files show up,
like the Trash Folder, the Desktop Folder, "VM Storage", etc.

If System 7 shows you a trash folder, then something's screwy.
--
---- Seth Tisue                     USMail: c/o Plaster Cramp Press
---- (tisu@midway.uchicago.edu)                       P.O. Box 5975