[comp.sys.mac.system] System 7 and Error -605

rkalagher@mitre.org (Dick Kalagher) (05/29/91)

Can anyone tell me what error -605 is?  I have gotten this message when
trying to launch Powerpoint 2.01D and Wordperfect 2.0 under system 7.
Some days the applications will run, but on most days I get a message that
the application can't be opened because of error -605.  I have a IIsi with
5 Mb or RAM and 5 Mb or virtual memory.  Running in 24 bit mode.

Thanks,

Dick Kalagher

slandrum@ntg.com (Stephen Landrum) (06/04/91)

In article <1991May29.144520.29495@linus.mitre.org> rkalagher@mitre.org (Dick Kalagher) writes:
>Can anyone tell me what error -605 is?  I have gotten this message when
>trying to launch Powerpoint 2.01D and Wordperfect 2.0 under system 7.
>Some days the applications will run, but on most days I get a message that
>the application can't be opened because of error -605.  I have a IIsi with
>5 Mb or RAM and 5 Mb or virtual memory.  Running in 24 bit mode.

I tried to reply but the mail bounced.

Here's what I found using the 'System Errors' DA:

        -605  appMemFullErr     application SIZE not big enough for launch

My guess is that you need to do a 'Get Info' on the program(s) that are
not launching, and increase the amount of memory the programs ask for
when they run.

--
Stephen H. Landrum                                        VOICE: (415) 813-8909
        Domain: slandrum@ntg.com           UUCP: ...apple!ntg!slandrum

jose@calvin.ee.cornell.edu (Jose M. Rosado Roman) (06/13/91)

In article <676362343.66@egsgate.FidoNet.Org> Stephen.Landrum@f98.n250.z1.FidoNet.Org (Stephen Landrum) writes:

>In article <1991May29.144520.29495@linus.mitre.org> rkalagher@mitre.org (Dick
>Kalagher) writes:
>>Can anyone tell me what error -605 is?  I have gotten this message when
>>trying to launch Powerpoint 2.01D and Wordperfect 2.0 under system 7.
>
>Here's what I found using the 'System Errors' DA:
>
>        -605  appMemFullErr     application SIZE not big enough for launch

Is the 'System Errors' DA used for sys6.x.x OK for use on sys 7.0?
I assume that it is, but want to be sure before I get it.

Thanks for any info...

--
------------------  Disclaimer:  I am only related to my parents.