[comp.sys.mac.system] Abaton Interfax; Error -97 & Apple DAs

cox@stpstn.UUCP (Brad Cox) (06/18/91)

In article <1772@crl.LABS.TEK.COM> chrish@crl.labs.tek.com writes:
>I have been running system 7 on my Mac at home.  I have an SE/30 with 5 meg
>of ram and a 40 meg internal.  Most of the time I try to open a DA, I get the
>error message -97, which is port in use error.

I've reported this one to Apple via Compuserve, who is looking into it, having
heard about it from several sources.

Are you using Abaton's Interfax? Removing their CDEV/INIT stuff seems to make
the problem go away. I'm tolerating the inability to use DAs in order to
send/receive faxes, while I save up the money to trash Abaton forever
more and switch to something else, probably Dove fax.

Is there anyone with this problem who is *not* using Abataon Interfax?
--

Brad Cox; cox@stepstone.com; CI$ 71230,647; 203 426 1875
The Stepstone Corporation; 75 Glen Road; Sandy Hook CT 06482