[comp.sys.mac.system] possible for truetype and 6.0.7 ?

ccastd2@prism.gatech.EDU (Dale Phurrough) (06/18/91)

Is it possible to use truetype fonts and System 6.0.7?  It seems that
I heard of an init that you could install to make use of the true type
fonts that the 6.1 printer driver could use.  But how do you see the
fonts on the screen.  6.0.7 doesn't recognize them itself.  If there is
an init...where is it, I cannot seem to find it.

--
Lamborghini Diablo ===---->  the latest and fastest....
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!ccastd2

aroest@fwi.uva.nl (Axel Roest (N)) (06/18/91)

ccastd2@prism.gatech.EDU (Dale Phurrough) writes:

>Is it possible to use truetype fonts and System 6.0.7?  It seems that
>I heard of an init that you could install to make use of the true type
>fonts that the 6.1 printer driver could use.  But how do you see the
>fonts on the screen.  6.0.7 doesn't recognize them itself.  If there is
>an init...where is it, I cannot seem to find it.

Yes it is possible. I used it just before system 7 came out.
You need the Truetype init which is included in the StyleWriter package.
If you put the Truetype fonts in your system, using F/DAmover 4.01, which
is also in the package, you can use them on your Mac, on the StyleWriter and
on the ImageWriter.
Despite the instructions: This Truetype init works perfectly well with
system 6.0.5!

Axel

--
Strike a pose... There's nothing to it.

EIVERSO@cms.cc.wayne.edu (06/19/91)

From: ccastd2@prism.gatech.EDU (Dale Phurrough) writes...
Date: 17 Jun 91 23:40:03 GMT

>Is it possible to use truetype fonts and System 6.0.7?

Yes.

>It seems that
>I heard of an init that you could install to make use of the true type
>fonts that the 6.1 printer driver could use.

This is true. Theres also a new Font/DA mover for TrueType.

>But how do you see the
>fonts on the screen.  6.0.7 doesn't recognize them itself.

That's how you see them: on the screen. Similar to ATM.

>If there is
>an init...where is it, I cannot seem to find it.

The INIT comes with the StyleWriter and other new "TrueType" printers.
It's available on AppleLink and probably other places.

I don't have it. Maybe some kind soul could post it?

--Eric