[comp.sys.mac.system] What do these Sad Mac numbers mean?

srawson@engin.umich.edu (Stephen A Rawson) (06/18/91)

I have a Macintosh II that keeps crashing with a Sad Mac face.  This
occurs during operation, not at startup.  The problem began occurring
shortly after I installed a Quantum 80 Meg drive, replacing a Quantum
40 Meg.

I am getting the following error codes along with the Sad Mac face:

0000000F
00000033

Does anyone know what these codes mean?  Or where to find translations?

More Info:

System:  6.0.5
Network:  Ethernet/Appletalk

In article <46G-#_G@engin.umich.edu> srawson@engin.umich.edu (Stephen A Rawson) writes:
>I have a Macintosh II that keeps crashing with a Sad Mac face.  This
>occurs during operation, not at startup.  The problem began occurring
>shortly after I installed a Quantum 80 Meg drive, replacing a Quantum
>40 Meg.
>
>I am getting the following error codes along with the Sad Mac face:
>
>0000000F
>00000033
>
>Does anyone know what these codes mean?  Or where to find translations?

The 0000000F codes mean the same as the System Error codes-- $33 = 51 is
bad/unservicable slot interrupt.  I don't see how your drive could have
anything to do with it-- unless you needed to install some Ethernet
software that you didn't.  It seems more likely that the problem lies with the
Ethernet card.

chma@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Michael Antolovich) (06/19/91)

In article <1991Jun18.144602.25158@eng.umd.edu> russotto@eng.umd.edu (Matthew T. Russotto) writes:

>The 0000000F codes mean the same as the System Error codes-- $33 = 51 is
>bad/unservicable slot interrupt.  I don't see how your drive could have
>anything to do with it-- unless you needed to install some Ethernet
>software that you didn't.  It seems more likely that the problem lies with the
>Ethernet card.

Now that's funny, when my drive at home died it gave a similar code :-
 0000000F
 00000003
and I don't have an Ether-Net Card.  The Mac at work also started giving