[comp.sys.mac.system] AfterDark 2.0 and sys 7.0

jms20@po.CWRU.Edu (John M. Sully) (06/22/91)

I recently installed sys 7.0 on my IIci (5Meg RAM, 80 Meg HD), and I've
been having trouble running AfterDark 2.0.  The animations tend to be slow
and jerky (quite annoying, to say the least!).   Is AD 2.0 not compatable
with 7.0, and if not, is there an update available/on the way?

Thanks in advance.
Have a day...
--
| John M. Sully                    | "Why do I get the idea that |
| Case Western Reserve University  |  someday I'll be describing |

MacUserLabs@cup.portal.com (Stephan - Somogyi) (06/22/91)

jms20@po.CWRU.Edu (John M. Sully) writes:

>Is AD 2.0 not compatable with 7.0, and if not, is there an update
>available/on the way?

It just so happens that I got my upgrade to After Dark 2.0u this
morning. It is 7.0-compatible.

Stephan Somogyi                   net.nerd                     MacUser

samuels@nosc.mil (06/22/91)

In article <1991Jun21.183927.12464@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> jms20@po.CWRU.Edu (John
M. Sully) writes:

>I recently installed sys 7.0 on my IIci (5Meg RAM, 80 Meg HD), and I've
>been having trouble running AfterDark 2.0.  The animations tend to be slow
>and jerky (quite annoying, to say the least!).   Is AD 2.0 not compatable
>with 7.0, and if not, is there an update available/on the way?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Have a day...
>--
>| John M. Sully                    | "Why do I get the idea that |
>| Case Western Reserve University  |  someday I'll be describing |
>| jms20@po.cwru.edu    -or-        |  this to a psychologist?"   |
>| sully@opus.iarc.mco.edu          |             --Lisa Simpson  |

As most of us have found, the Sys 7 Finder doesn't give After Dark much
chance, apparently, to move its graphics.  If you're running an
application, After Dark will probably run at a decent speed.

I called Berkeley Systems to find out how to get an updated version
of After Dark 2.0.  I have version 2.0t;  they told me to send in
my original disk and they'd send me back a Sys 7 compatible version.
The version they mentioned over the phone was 2.0u.

Don't send in your disk on my say-so though, call them first (the things
I have to say to cover my ass...).

Larry Samuels
samuels@nosc.mil