[comp.sys.mac.system] Switching 6.0.5 <=> 7.0

bangrazi@ctron.com (Anthony Bangrazi) (06/20/91)

This may be a basic question, but I still need to ask it (sorry).

Do I need to create two partitions on my HD - one for System 6.0.5 software and
one for System 7.0 software - to switch between 6 & 7 ?  I suppose that these
partitions have to be just big enough for the System Folder of each - in other
words, I don't need anything else in the partition to run a System version.
I assume a third partition for all my apps & data.

If this is so, do I put my INITs in each system folder (in its own partition).
This makes sense, but I'm just double-checking.

Thanks in advance.

- Anthony

phil@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Phil Wild) (06/24/91)

bangrazi@ctron.com (Anthony Bangrazi) writes:

>This may be a basic question, but I still need to ask it (sorry).

>Do I need to create two partitions on my HD - one for System 6.0.5 software and
>one for System 7.0 software - to switch between 6 & 7 ?  I suppose that these
>partitions have to be just big enough for the System Folder of each - in other
>words, I don't need anything else in the partition to run a System version.
>I assume a third partition for all my apps & data.

>If this is so, do I put my INITs in each system folder (in its own partition).
>This makes sense, but I'm just double-checking.

>Thanks in advance.

>- Anthony

Just have two system folders on the same partition.

Use a utility like Blesser or SystemSwitcher1.1 (the one i use) to switch
between the two systems

regards

Phil

--