[comp.sys.mac.system] loading order of Extensions/Control Panels

bgl6000@zeus.tamu.edu (LEMOINE, BRETT GAVIN) (06/23/91)

Does anyone know how you can rearrange the loading order of Extensions and
Control Panels?  I know you can rename them to change the order within either
group, but I have a control panel I'd really like to have load before any of my
extensions.  Can this be done? How?

}-IvArch->	Internet: bgl60002zeus.tam.edu		CompuServe: 72531,3241

gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu (Garance A. Drosehn) (06/25/91)

In article <17676@helios.TAMU.EDU>
           bgl6000@zeus.tamu.edu (LEMOINE, BRETT GAVIN) writes:

> Does anyone know how you can rearrange the loading order of Extensions and
> Control Panels?  I know you can rename them to change the order within either
> group, but I have a control panel I'd really like to have load before any of
> my extensions.  Can this be done? How?

option #1:  Put the control panel in the extensions folder, and then put an
            alias to it in the control panels folder
option #2:  Get the latest version of InitPicker.  It knows about the system
            7 folders, and let's you order all extensions, control panels,
            and system extensions any way you want.

            Of course, for this to work InitPicker itself has to load
            before everyone else, which means it has to be in the
            extensions folder, which means you'll need to use option #1
            for InitPicker itself (initpicker is a control panel).

Garance Alistair Drosehn     =     gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
ITS Systems Programmer            (handles NeXT-type mail)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute;           Troy NY    USA