[comp.sys.mac.system] Where is it?

jeffp@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Jeff Parke - Vet med staff) (06/29/91)

In article <1991Jun28.175649.23693@newsserver.sfu.ca> moss@newsserver.sfu.ca (Barry G. Moss) writes:
>Someone recently mentioned that Font/DA Mover 4.2 was available from
>ftp.apple.com. I've just logged in there and can't find it anywhere.

Also, someone mentioned an INIT called Desktop Manager (or something like
that) which allows system 6.xx to use System 7.0's desktop files
so you don't get all the rebuilding messages when switching systems.
Anyone know where this INIT is?
--
Jeff Parke jeffp@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu  OR ...uunet!yoda.eecs.wsu.edu!jeffp
Washington State University Vet Med class of '94 "older but not wiser"

moss@newsserver.sfu.ca (Barry G. Moss) (06/29/91)

In article <1991Jun28.223300.18383@serval.net.wsu.edu> jeffp@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Jeff Parke - Vet med staff) writes:

>Also, someone mentioned an INIT called Desktop Manager (or something like
>that) which allows system 6.xx to use System 7.0's desktop files
>so you don't get all the rebuilding messages when switching systems.
>Anyone know where this INIT is?

The Desktop Manager INIT is part of the Oscar package at ftp.apple.com.
I seem to recall that I found Oscar in the dtp/mac/hacks directory.

Barry Moss
moss@whistler.sfu.ca