[comp.sys.mac.misc] Re^2: Maximum Memory

cory@3letter.MV.COM (Cory Kempf) (05/07/90)

dwb@sticks.apple.com (David Berry) writes:

>In article <2670@sunset.MATH.UCLA.EDU> warwick@math.ucla.edu (Warwick Daw) writes:
>>This raises a question I had thought I had found the answer to yesterday.
>>According to my owner's manual, the II's and the SE/30 can have up to
>>128MB installed in them (when 16MB simms become available). Now, if I were
>>to install 16MB simms (or the available 4MB simms), could I get the MacOS
>>to recognize the additional memory?
>	The MacOS would currently recognize them as 1 Meg simms.  Whether
>	that's a yes or a no...  In any case, you would only be allowed
>	to use 8 Meg of it.  Under A/UX, it would all be used, although
>	the Mac partition would still be limited to 16 meg.

Ok, what about 7.0??  Will 7.0 be able to address more than 8MB?  We are
planning on upgrading one of our II's to a IIfx... Since we must buy new
memory anyway, (and since we are working with developing applications
that work with 24bit colour bitmaps from 600 dpi scanners,) I was thinking
that getting 4 4MB SIMMS would be more cost effective (in the long run)
than 8 1MB SIMMS.  But if this would only give us 4MB...

+C
--
Cory Kempf				I do speak for the company (sometimes).
Three Letter Company						603 883 2474