[comp.sys.mac.misc] Saving and moving icons

swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Scott Wood) (05/03/90)

I'm trying to figure out how to save just info from an Icon graphic.  I was
using Res.Edit the other day to work on some simpson Icons, and have had some
requests for just the Icons.  How can I create a transferrable file, and
how can I move dear Bart on to some of my other programs?
					SWood

E-mail to swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu

Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Leo Bores) (05/08/90)

In an article of <3 May 90 15:20:13 GMT>, swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Scott
Wood) writes:

 SW>I'm trying to figure out how to save just info from an Icon graphic.  I
 SW>was
 SW>using Res.Edit the other day to work on some simpson Icons, and have
 SW>had some
 SW>requests for just the Icons.  How can I create a transferrable file,
 SW>and
 SW>how can I move dear Bart on to some of my other programs?
 SW>                                        SWood

Open a NEW file under ResEdit and use the COPY command to copy your ICON or
ICN# resource. Click on the new file window to activate it and PASTE the
resource to it. When transferring an ICON or ICN# to another application, I
open the receiving ICON or ICN# window so that I can see the icons themselves,
I then use COPY and PASTE as described.

Leo Bores, M.D.

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!14!Leo.Bores
Internet: Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org