[comp.sys.mac.misc] UUENCODE/DECODE sources wanted

nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (05/25/90)

In article <19184.265bf192@merrimack.edu>, gelinasp@merrimack writes:
>	Does anyone have source code for UNIX's UUENCODE and UUDECODE
>functions?  I wish to implement them in a program for the Macintosh.
>Source may be in Pascal or C.

Already done; Un*xFiles does UUENCODE and UUDECODE. It went past
on comp.binaries.mac a month or two ago. Sources were included.

I think it's buggy though: it uses standard C I/O for uudecoding,
which means LF -> CR translation. Thus, it won't uudecode binaries
properly. I've tried emailing the author, but have had things bounce.

Anybody else got comments?
Shall I hack it to fix it?

>				Paul

		Nick.
--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
		nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk    <Atlantic Ocean>!mcsun!ukc!lfcs!nick