[comp.sys.mac.misc] Apple License Question

blob@apple.com (Brian Bechtel) (05/29/90)

In article <45953@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> vogt@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Michael
Vogt) writes:
> Can someone tell me what procedures do I have to go throught to be able
> to distribute Apple System Software?

You need to contact Apple Software Licensing at (408) 974-4667 or by
sending a message to sw.license@applelink.apple.com (SW.LICENSE on
Applelink.)

> What support services exists for developers and how do I find out
> about those?  Where can I get more info?

You need to contact Developer Programs at (408) 974-4897 or by sending a
message to devservices@applelink.apple.com (DEVSERVICES on Applelink.)

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"

Patricia.O'connor@f555.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Patricia O'connor) (05/30/90)

Hi Michael,
        Apple has a Software Licensing department.  You can reach a Software
Licensing Coordinator at 415-974-6138 or -9664.
        To distribute Apple software, you must sign a distribution license
agreement, keep a record of the names and addresses of those who download the
software, make certain that all downloaders review the license at least
annually or when changes are made, and pay a licensing fee once a year.
        The latest information I have shows:
                $50     Macintosh Software Supplement
                $50     Switcher and Inside Switcher
                $50     Macintosh System Software
                $50     Apple IIGS Tools
                $50     Apple IIGS System Disk
                $25     Apple II Utilities
                $25     DOS 3.3

 Internet:      patricia.o'connor@f555.n161.z1.fidonet.org
     UUCP:      !sun!hoptoad!fidogate!161!555!patricia.o'connor
  CONNECT:      OCONNOR
      BBS:      MacCircles    415-484-4412    Patricia O'Connor

--
Patricia O'connor - via FidoNet node 1:125/777