[comp.sys.mac.misc] Inside Mac VI?

smmontgo@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Susan Montgomery) (06/01/90)

It may be redundant to ask this (I haven't been paying much attention
lately!  :-) ) but is IM VI going to come out soon, and if so, will it
be in book form (you know, paper)?

I asked a bookseller friend of mine if he knew anything about it, and he
called a friend at Addison-Wesley who said that there was no such
critter in the works, at least not if it was going to go to press in the
next year and a half. (!)

Once again, don't flame me if this has been beaten to death... do the
polite thing and email me!  Thanks.

chuq@Apple.COM (That's MR. Idiot to you) (06/01/90)

smmontgo@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Susan Montgomery) writes:

>It may be redundant to ask this (I haven't been paying much attention
>lately!  :-) ) but is IM VI going to come out soon, and if so, will it
>be in book form (you know, paper)?

IM VI is already available in draft form as a hypercard stack on the 7.0
Alpha CD-ROM. I don't know when it'll go to printed form, but it's really
unlikely to happen until very close to final release, simply because stuff
tends to change before that, especially with AppleEvents still being tied
down into a nice, tidy package.

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

It isn't easy being green.		-- Kermit