[comp.sys.mac.misc] PD defragger

gilmore@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Larry Gilmore) (06/02/90)

In Message-ID: <1990Jun1.133456.17616@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>
Of Date: 1 Jun 90 13:34:56 GMT
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) says:

[...] deleted
>  A secondary cause was a very fragmented disk.  One netter
>(I would give him credit, but I accidentally deleted the mail message
>from him) sent me a PD defragger that installs in the control panel
>and defrags the disk after a certain amount of activity.  It works
>like a charm!

I would like to get a copy of this if it is PD.  Could someone
please point me to it?  Thanks in advance...

Larry Gilmore    gilmore@venice.sedd.trw.com

cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) (06/04/90)

I am in a sticky situation here.

I have received at least 30 requests for the hard disk defragger that I
received from another user (forgot his name and lost his %&&*@# mail).
The thing worls well, but I cannot ascertain if it is PD or shareware
or anything.  The only information is the following blurb when you
click on the SHOW INFO menu and look under the version header:

Defragmentation Control Panel by
Steve Bryan c 3 February

Help!

Chris

------------------------------+---------------------------
Chris Mauritz                 |Donde hay una cerveza
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |hay un plan.
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |El Guerrero Aereo es el rey!
------------------------------+---------------------------

davew@hp-ptp.HP.COM (Dave_Waller) (06/06/90)

cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
> I am in a sticky situation here.
>
> I have received at least 30 requests for the hard disk defragger that I
> received from another user (forgot his name and lost his %&&*@# mail).
> The thing worls well, but I cannot ascertain if it is PD or shareware
> or anything.  The only information is the following blurb when you
> click on the SHOW INFO menu and look under the version header:
>
> Defragmentation Control Panel by
> Steve Bryan c 3 February

Well, technically speaking, Steve Bryan has copyrighted the software as
of 3 February, without any conditions stated under which it may be
copied. However, as no year is given as to the copyright date, it is
questionable as to whether or not it is a legal copyright. Try posting
to misc.legal and see if someone there has an answer.

Dave Waller  \  The opinions expressed are solely my own, and in no way
Hewlett-Packard Co.  \  represent those of my employer (but we all know
dave@hpdstma.ptp.hp.com | hplabs!hpdstma!dave  \  they should!)