[comp.sys.mac.misc] Virtual big screen ?

junio@twinsun.com (Junio Hamano) (06/07/90)

Dear Netters,

	I am looking for a tool (I guess it would be called an
INIT, though I am not sure.  I am very new to Mac, sorry.) which
runs on Mac with a small screen and gives applications an
illusion that they are drawing into larger screen.  Maybe when a
user tries to move mouse beyond the border of the actual screen,
the tool would scroll to show hidden part of the virtual screen.

	Does there anything like this exist?

Thanks in advance.
--
Junio Hamano (junio@twinsun.com)

dankg@volcano.Berkeley.EDU (Dan KoGai) (06/07/90)

In article <JUNIO.90Jun6172322@stand.twinsun.com> junio@twinsun.com (Junio Hamano) writes:
>Dear Netters,
>
>	I am looking for a tool (I guess it would be called an
>INIT, though I am not sure.  I am very new to Mac, sorry.) which
>runs on Mac with a small screen and gives applications an
>illusion that they are drawing into larger screen.  Maybe when a
>user tries to move mouse beyond the border of the actual screen,
>the tool would scroll to show hidden part of the virtual screen.
>
>	Does there anything like this exist?

	Yes it does!  It's called SteppingOutII from Berkeley Systems, the
developper of AfterDark.  It is fast and nifty.  It used to have conflicts
with OnQue but it's solved now.  The only problem is memory but it's inevitable
due to lack of VRAM on Plus/SE.  I really enjoy it a lot (but turned off
normally).  Better check it out!

Dan Kogai (dankg@ocf.berkeley.edu)