[comp.sys.mac.misc] SuperLaserSpool v2.02 compatible with MF6.1b9?

John.Aspden@newcastle.ac.uk (John Aspden) (06/04/90)

I have SuperSpool v5, but gave up using it because of the incompatibility
with MultiFinder 6.1b9 (the set-aside version). I needed the flexibility
over the limited screen real-estate more than I needed the occasional time
saved, though I was sad to give it up.

Having recently become the owner of a shiny new DeskWriter, I'm interested
in upgrading to SuperLaserSpool v2.02 (I never received my upgrade offer
as promised in SuperMac's press release :-( ), but only if I can still
use MF6.1b9.

Can anyone tell me if the two will work together?

John Aspden, Computing Laboratory, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, England
email: John.Aspden@newcastle.ac.uk       phone: +44 91 222 8069

an12280@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu (David Gutierrez) (06/05/90)

In article <1990Jun4.114801.1965@newcastle.ac.uk>
John.Aspden@newcastle.ac.uk (John Aspden) writes:
> Having recently become the owner of a shiny new DeskWriter, I'm
interested
> in upgrading to SuperLaserSpool v2.02 (I never received my upgrade offer
> as promised in SuperMac's press release :-( ), but only if I can still
> use MF6.1b9.
>
> Can anyone tell me if the two will work together?

There were problems with SLS 2.0 and MF6.1b7, but they seem to have been
fixed in 2.01 (the version I have). I doubt that they broke anything for
version 2.02.

*INFRARED HEATING LAMP ON*

A week after I *finally* got 2.01, SuperMac sent me a notice offering to
sell me 2.02 for about the same price I had just paid for my 2.01 upgrade,
which had taken several months to process. They never have sent me any
upgrade notices; you have to phone them and ask for order forms. When you
try to phone, you have to wait forever.

*INFRARED HEATING LAMP OFF* (OK, I guess it did turn into a flame.)

I still like SLS and recommend it to people.

David Gutierrez
an12280@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu
"Only fools are positive." - Moe Howard

stevem@hpvcfs1.HP.COM (Steve Miller) (06/06/90)

>Having recently become the owner of a shiny new DeskWriter, I'm interested
>in upgrading to SuperLaserSpool v2.02 (I never received my upgrade offer

>Can anyone tell me if the two will work together?

The latest version of SuperLaserSpool works with the latest version of
the DeskWriter driver.  In fact when you upgrade to the latest version
of SuperLaserSpool, it comes with the newest version of the DeskWriter driver
on it!

Steven Miller

clubmac@runxtsa.runx.oz.au (Club Mac, Australia's Largest Mac Users Group) (06/12/90)

In article <1990Jun4.114801.1965@newcastle.ac.uk> John.Aspden@newcastle.ac.uk (John Aspden) writes:
>Having recently become the owner of a shiny new DeskWriter, I'm interested
>in upgrading to SuperLaserSpool v2.02 (I never received my upgrade offer
>as promised in SuperMac's press release :-( ), but only if I can still
>use MF6.1b9.
>
>Can anyone tell me if the two will work together?

Yes, they work pretty well together, using DeskWriter Driver 2.0. Excel is
useless with it though...

| Jason Haines, Vice-President                                                |
| Club Mac - Australia's Largest Macintosh Users Group                        |
| P.O. Box 213, Holme Building, Sydney University, NSW  2006                  |
| INTERNET:clubmac@runxtsa.runx.oz.au  UUCP: uunet!runxtsa.runx.oz.au!clubmac |
| ACSNet:  clubmac@runxtsa.runx.oz                                            |
| Phone: (02) 743-6929                            Club Mac BBS: (02) 907-9198 |
| "We come in peace,shoot to kill,shoot to kill" - Captain Kirk, Star Trekkin'|