[comp.sys.mac.misc] Free Apple CD

buckley@sumex-aim.stanford.edu (Margret Buckley) (06/02/90)

--------------------
"Dear Friend,

We recently received you request for "The Latest Hits of Apple, Microsoft,
Farallon, SuperMac and Letraset on CD."  You'll be happy to know we are
taking care of your request.  And that you can expect to receive your free
disc, and start exploring the amazing capabilities of CD-ROM, in May.

Thank you for making our CD-ROM disc such a hit.

Sincerely,
Apple Computer, Inc."
--------------------

Hmmm, today is June 1, 1990.  Did they mean May 1991?  Does anyone have an
update on this?

Margret Buckley
SUMEX Computer Project
Knowledge Systems Laboratory
Stanford University

buckley@sumex-aim.stanford.edu (Margret Buckley) (06/02/90)

Works every time.  It arrived today.  :)

--Margret

jasper@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (06/05/90)

	I sent in the coupon for the free Apple demo CDROM when it first came
out about, what a month and a half ago?, and have recieved nothing in response.

	Has anybody gotten their's?

	Just curious.

btw, I know you can't punctuate it "?," like I did, but dang boy! I's an
ennginear, whatcha 'spect?

	Nick Jasper

ghe@comphy.PHYSICS.ORST.EDU (Guangliang He) (06/06/90)

In article <1054400001@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> jasper@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

| 	I sent in the coupon for the free Apple demo CDROM when it first came
| out about, what a month and a half ago?, and have recieved nothing in response.
|
| 	Has anybody gotten their's?
|
| 	Just curious.
|
| btw, I know you can't punctuate it "?," like I did, but dang boy! I's an
| ennginear, whatcha 'spect?
|
| 	Nick Jasper

I got a piece of postcard about two(?) month ago which said the CD will be
send out on May. It's June now and I have received nothing at all. Of
course, the postcard did not say which year, it could mean next May. :-(
:-(

                            Guangliang He

                            ghe@PHYSICS.ORST.EDU
                            hegl@ORSTVM.BITNET

halam2@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Haseen Alam) (06/06/90)

 I got a postcard about two months back as well.  Fortunately, mine came in
 friday.  Others should be getting soon.

 Haseen.
--
 .--------------------------------------------------------------------.
 |  Haseen Ibne Alam                       Tel: (218)-728-2139        |

paryavi@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Saiid Paryavi) (06/06/90)

In article <18743@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> ghe@comphy.PHYSICS.ORST.EDU (Guangliang He) writes:
>In article <1054400001@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> jasper@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>|
>| 	I sent in the coupon for the free Apple demo CDROM when it first came
>| out about, what a month and a half ago?, and have recieved nothing in response.
>|
>| 	Has anybody gotten their's?
>|
>| 	Just curious.

I got it about a week ago but have not had a chance to look at it yet.

--
Saiid Paryavi                      			CIS Department
Internet:  paryavi@harris.cis.ksu.edu			Nichols Hall, KSU

Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (06/11/90)

>         I sent in the coupon for the free Apple demo CDROM when it first came
> out about, what a month and a half ago?, and have recieved nothing in
> response.

>         Has anybody gotten their's?

Got mine a couple of weeks ago, about the middle of May.

--Adam--

--
Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200.2!Adam.Frix

hemstree@handel.CS.Colostate.Edu (charles he hemstreet) (06/11/90)

   From: ghe@comphy.PHYSICS.ORST.EDU (Guangliang He)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
   Date: 5 Jun 90 21:33:46 GMT
   Sender: usenet@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU

   In article <1054400001@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> jasper@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

   | 	I sent in the coupon for the free Apple demo CDROM when it first came
   | out about, what a month and a half ago?, and have recieved nothing in response.
   |
   | 	Has anybody gotten their's?
   |
   | 	Just curious.
   |
   | btw, I know you can't punctuate it "?," like I did, but dang boy! I's an
   | ennginear, whatcha 'spect?
   |
   | 	Nick Jasper

   I got a piece of postcard about two(?) month ago which said the CD will be
   send out on May. It's June now and I have received nothing at all. Of
   course, the postcard did not say which year, it could mean next May. :-(
   :-(

			       Guangliang He

			       ghe@PHYSICS.ORST.EDU
			       hegl@ORSTVM.BITNET

You're going to love this...  I GOT TWO!!  I got the first one about
three or four weeks ago, and the second (duplicate) I got last week.
Maybe I got yours. :-(

Chip

--
!===========================================================================!
! Charles H. Hemstreet IV       !internet: hemstree@handel.cs.Colostate.Edu !

hardin@dino.cad.mcc.com (John Hardin) (06/12/90)

> You're going to love this...  I GOT TWO!!  I got the first one about
> three or four weeks ago, and the second (duplicate) I got last week.

I did too (two :-)!

-jwh
--
John Hardin, MCC CAD Program | ARPA: hardin@mcc.com | Phone: [512] 338-3535
Box 200195, Austin, TX 78720 | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!milano!cadillac!hardin

barrey@ka.excelan.com (Barrey Jewall) (06/13/90)

In article <HARDIN.90Jun11161609@dino.cad.mcc.com> hardin@dino.cad.mcc.com (John Hardin) writes:
>> You're going to love this...  I GOT TWO!!  I got the first one about
>> three or four weeks ago, and the second (duplicate) I got last week.
>
>I did too (two :-)!

Guess What! - So did I!!!!!!!!

(do I buy another CD-ROM Drive now???)

Just kidding, I donated it to a local educational institution..

What if Apple sent out two to everyone on the list?!?!?

CD-ROM, It's the wave of the future... (not quite, but pretty nice anyway!)

Later Daze- Barrey

barrey@novell.com

arichard@manta.NOSC.MIL (Adam W. Richardson) (06/13/90)

In article <1395@excelan.COM> barrey@ka.excelan.com (Barrey Jewall) writes:
>In article <HARDIN.90Jun11161609@dino.cad.mcc.com> hardin@dino.cad.mcc.com (John Hardin) writes:
>>> You're going to love this...  I GOT TWO!!  I got the first one about
>>> three or four weeks ago, and the second (duplicate) I got last week.
>>
>>I did too (two :-)!
>>
>Guess What! - So did I!!!!!!!!
>
>(do I buy another CD-ROM Drive now???)
>
>What if Apple sent out two to everyone on the list?!?!?

I also sent in the coupon but didn't receive ANY notice
or CD.  Any knid donors out there? (I'll pay shipping)

Thanks!
Adam

|  Adam W. Richardson                    |              |
|  InterNet:  arichard@manta.nosc.mil    |  John 14:6   |
|  America Online: ARichard              |              |